Thursday, July 29, 2010

Making the choice...

I am thinking that I have made a decision... but first I will tell you what has led me to it. I received a phone call from the Paul Mitchell school and they informed me that because of my FAFSA status, I am eligible for a grant of $11,000 from the government. That is five times what I am receiving for Dixie State. I also was able to find a bachelors program at Dixie that is an 18 month program and is one night a week and some online. I decided, knowing those new factors, that we will move to St George as planned on August 13th. I will look for a full time job and work there to save money til November 2 when I will start at Paul Mitchell school. I will study there for a year. In fall 2011 I will begin my 18 month Organization and Leadership Bachelors program. I will be overlapping the end of hair school and Dixie but since it is a one night a week program, I should be fine. Then when I graduate from hair school I will be able to work full time and be able to pay for the half of Dixie my scholarship doesn't pay for. I feel this way I will be able to receive my bachelors and have a career at the same time. We will see how it goes!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lizzie, that is fantastic! I'm so glad that both are going to work out for you! YAY! Congrats!

love you!

Gramma Rosie said...

Sounds like a perfect plan to me. All things will work out fine when you trust in the Lord. You are following the spirit to lead you to this new life. I think great things are going to happen that you aren't even aware of yet, for both of you. It is so exciting!! Love you!

 
footer