Sunday, September 19, 2010

Triathlon?

Here I am after my first 5K. I survived.

Last Friday for work we set up a booth at the sign up spot for the Kokopelli Triathlon. I started talking to the tough people planning to do the race and decided that I want to start training to do one as well. For the past week I have woken up with Sam and he has dropped me off at the clubhouse to work out. I have been doing around 8 miles a day so when I heard the sprint triathlon is 13 miles I decided that it was possible for me to do. I can do it! I think that the hardest part is going to be the half mile swim. I'm excited though :)
What advice do you have for someone training for a Tri?
Do you have any advice on what food would help me train as well?

3 comments:

Dan and Leslie said...

First advice........stop having sam drive you the .1 mile to the clubhouse and jog instead

Lizzie said...

haha!! He doesn't anymore :) He just did it til I got used to working out.

Angie said...

So Brad and I are totally training for a triathlon here in Orem!!! No joke! Although it is also a sprint, the swim scaries me! We need to chat about this :)

 
footer