Sunday, July 12, 2009

Sad that it had to come to an end!

Us enjoying the ferry ride to St John...
My sweet "hand bag"
Us after our Ecotour.... we are so cute!
Outside my favorite restaurant Romanos
Here we are with our desserts and our knot cookies....


This was seriously 4 of the best days of my life! Sam and I had a blast every second! On our last day we took the 45 min ferry ride over to St John. The ferry ride was so relaxing and beautiful! We got to see a lot of St Thomas that I have never seen. When we got to St John we found a taxi that took us out to Cinnamon Bay. While there we wrapped my hand up in a plastic bag by tying it as well as using hair ties to keep the water out. We had a football with us so we decided to play catch. Sam claims that he was the quarterback on his football team in high school and I claim to have been the quarterback sometimes when the boys would let me play in elementary school. The pressure was on. With those mad skills we had under our belts we played a sick game of catch. By the time we had finished we had a crowd and cheerleaders... ok so maybe we just had 3 old men clapping and cheering us on. after a SWEET throw by Sam and a SWEET catch made by me in the water, I noticed that i had ripped my "hand bag". That ended our game of catch. we did our best to patch it up and we went snorkeling. My hand was hurting pretty bad from all the salt water so i went back to the beach  and watched while Sam played catch with himself in the water. We had signed up for an Ecotour at Caneel Bay so we headed over there. on the tour was were able to Kayak, Hike and Snorkel. it was SUPER fun! While we were snorkeling Sam was making me laugh SOOO hard. he was screaming into his snorkel excitedly like the little kids do. he is such a riot. the hike was a little difficult because I forgot to bring hiking shoes so i was hiking in high heeled Crocs. Silly me! While snorkeling we saw a bunch of sting ray, a turtle (my favorite) and got to hold a sea urchin. on the way back to the ferry we rode in the back of this truck that was converted into a taxi in the back. what made me laugh was that it had this persian looking rug on the truck bed to make it look better. it was so funny cuz it didn't go with it at all. simple pleasures...
We were able to get showered when we got home and we got ready to go on a fancy date. Sam treated me like a princess all week and so to end it all he took me to my favorite restaurant on the island called Romano's. it is an italian restaurant and the food is always divine. I know the owner so he threw in some romantic dinner salads for free. the whole meal was awesome. we even got desserts! they gave us little cookies that are tied in knots. we took a picture and sent it to my mom saying that "we tied the knot".  Ha ha. It was the perfect way to end a perfect week. now we just have to wait 2 months to see each other again :(

2 comments:

Rosanne said...

What an amazing week you had. I am so glad everything went so well. Take care of your hand. I hope you are putting lots of neosporin or polysporin on it regularly. I love you and am so happy for you! See you in three weeks!!!

Sam Jo said...

I am seriously in love with your swim suit and damn girl you look so good!

 
footer