Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Ups and downs...

Sunset at the top of the tram
Hmmmm, maybe next time i won't wear high heels bouldering...
The cutest people ever at the point look out
"let go fly a kite..." oh wait, that is us up there!
Getting dunked and loosing my bottoms in the process...notice the face and hands.... silly water


So today was another adventurous day in paradise! We started it out by eating chocolate chip pancakes. Our idea of going scuba scootering fell through so we went with the next best offer which was parasailing. We met at the dock and got picked up by the boat. Our parasailing captianeer was hilarious and helped us to have a great time. We had a great time up in the air. The view of the island was spectacular because we were up so high. The boat driver thought he was funny and he dipped us into the water twice. The first dip was just a little tappy tap but the second one dragged us for a little bit and it pulled off my swim suit bottoms a bit. SO funny! Try getting a wedgie out while being pulled in the air by a parachute... not that easy! After parasailing we went off and saw beautiful look out points of the island. At one of them i showed Sam where a private little beach where I was planning on taking him. it was overlooking Magan's Bay. on the way to it we stopped for shakes at my favorite Udder Delight where we made up a new shake and named it the Lizzie. Original huh? We were on our way to the little beach and i lost my way. i knew that i had passed it so i just decided to take him to St Petersborg point. It is a very rocky place with an incredible view and a neat little water pool. to get to the water pool you have to boulder over a few rocks. some of them are very pointy. as started to go down them i could tell it was going to be trouble in my high heeled Crocs. Sam could too so he said for me to wait til he got to the bottom so that he could help me down. I, being the stubborn person i am, said i could go down alone. next thing i know i have slipped and my hand had been jabbed into by one of the pointy rocks. it started gushing blood and we decided that i should go get it stitched. silly me! I sure know how to make everything an adventure. Sam had to drive on the other side of the road and it was so weird for him. We got to see the doctor and she said that it  was just minor and all i needed was to bandage it up a bit.  Nonetheless, we didn't let it hinder our fun.  It's just made our adventures even more just that...adventurous.  We went back to the town and I was able to pick up my two rings which were generously recoated with silver.  When we went swimming the first night the chlorine discolored them a bit.  Now they might even be more gorgeous than before.  I just love it!  

Our adventure then went to a new high yet again when the group of us went on the tram ride to a top view of the island.  We couldn't have picked a better time either.  The sunset was divine, and the view was more than expected.  We played a bit on the top and took some pictures.  I even bought a hammock which was made in Guatemala.  I just had to have it and really can't wait to find a place to use it.  Then we found a bbq truck on the side of the road, picked up some dinner, went back to the house, and tuned in to our show "So You Think You Can Dance."  What a day its been here.  It's had its ups and downs as you can see in a literal sense.  We went to huge heights in a parachute, and on rocks, and on a tram.  And yet, with a little trip to the family practice center we still made a possible "downer" just another "high"light to our day!  We are living it "up" in paradise. 

From the words of Lizzie and Sam

2 comments:

Rosanne said...

Your hand looks gross, but the other pictures are amazing. I love the one of you two with the sunset and all the tiny islands in the distance. What a gorgeous place! And how much fun you are having! Yes, I am officially jealous and am trying to figure out a way to come down there sometime before you come home, Miss Lizzie. I hope your hand is feeling much better in the morning and that you have another amazing day on St. John. Sam, you totally got me when you called after the doctor's office--nice one! Make the very most of your last day together. BTW, when you start dating in paradise, what do you do for an encore when you get back home? Kind of hard to top this I think. Thanks for posting such great blog postings. I love it!

Steph said...

k first of all, you guys are so cute ! liz your hair is so long. I love it!

Your hand looks gross. But fun memories. And then you can always say you were scarred for life when sam came to visit. HA HA JUST A JOKE!!!

Sounds like fun activities and a great day. Reading you blog is so fun. I love it. and I love you!! xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxxo smootchy smootch smootch.

 
footer