Sunday, May 24, 2009

Fun fun fun!us


Today was so much fun! I don't have enough time to elaborate but here is the gist... Started out great by being able to share my testimony on the examples of Nephi, Joseph Smith and Christ in my life. Sunday School was on the Plan of Salvation and Relief Society was on the life of Joseph Smith and it was all in Spanish. I felt like a missionary again! I loved it!!! They would say which scripture we were going to read and since I was using my mission scriptures i was able to turn right to the page because i still have them color coded by lesson and topic. It was wonderful! Also our manager who hasn't been to the whole 3 hours of church in YEARS came today and enjoyed it. after church there was a pot luck lunch at Lindquist beach but before we could go we had to go pick someone up. We got to his house and walked in and he was smoking a bong. SO gross but totally legal here in the islands. at the beach there were all kinds of people. one drunk gay man kissed me on the mouth, looked at my burned cleavage and tried to set me up with some guy he was flirting with. what an adventure. this beach was absolutely incredible though. the best one that we have been to. it was so beautiful. everyone was totally concerned for me and my sunburn though. whenever i showed any part of it they would all just look at me and start talking amongst themselves. i look like a lobster. so funny! but at least i am not in pain anymore. it was such a fun day full of lots of laughs and it is so fun being able to be examples to all the people here. they were all just sitting on the beach drinking and talking and we got the party started by playing football and frisbee and it got people more happy. we hope that they can learn from us while we are here that you don't have to drink to have fun. what an interesting day. i loved it! this place is crazy but i guess that is why i fit in so well.

2 comments:

Rosanne said...

You crazy woman. Sounds like you are making the most of every day. No more kissing gay guys on the mouth!

Steph said...

Sounds awesome!! I want to see that beach some day. Now you can add kissing a gay guy to your "how well do you know Lizzie Markham" quiz on FB. Love you!!!

 
footer