Saturday, November 12, 2005

November 12, 2005

November 12, 2005 2:55am Cannes, France
Today was a great day! We were all so tired that we slept in until noon. It was so nice to sleep in. then again we stayed up til 4 the night before. I was up that late because I was writing you but while I was writing you I realized that the boat was starting to rock a bit. It was my first time on a boat and I didn’t realize that I get sea sick. At about 4 am it was really hitting me so I went for a walk to get some fresh air. When I went back to my room I felt a bit better. Since I have been here I have been waking up exactly 8 hours after I go to sleep. It drives my friends crazy. So today I took advantage of it. When I woke up I took a really long shower and took my time getting ready. It was way nice. When my friends woke up at around 1 we ordered room service. French fries and potato chips. Healthy huh? They all got ready and we went to horizon court (the buffet) and had breakfast/lunch. Here in Cannes they do not have a port for us so they have to anchor down the ship in a big bay area and then they use tenders to take us to the land. It was funny because at about 7 this morning there were these extremely loud noises that woke me up. I don’t even know how to describe them. I thought we were going down! Sally woke up as well and at first she didn’t know what it was but then she remembered that it was the chains lowering down the tenders. She laughed at me so hard the next day because I was in my just woke up, don’t know what is going on, freaking out mode. It was funny. Anyways… we got on the tender and went to shore. It was a fun little town. I loved listening to the locals talk as we passed by them. French is such a beautiful language. Today was my first day on the way that I got ice cream. It was funny though because on the sign it had a coconut on it and I thought I saw chocolate chunks in it so I got it. When I tasted it I realized that it wasn’t coconut at all. It was raisin ice cream! Gross! We walked down a little street and ran into the cutest shopping area. The streets were small and they winded around each other and on either side of them there were shops. They weren’t streets for cars, just big enough for people to walk through them. It was my favorite shopping so far. I couldn’t find a charm for my new charm bracelet and I was getting sad. Then I saw one of those cute name plate silver bracelets and Heather told me that I should get that for my charm in this port. So now I have a cute bracelet to put my charms on. I put the charms on it and it is so cute. We were walking past this shop selling meat and with their poultry they do not take off the heads and feet. It looks so gross. Don’t worry…I got pictures. I also found the cutest shoes. They are kind of chinesey looking. I like them a lot. We were at this port for about 2 hours cuz we needed to get back to the ship by 5. This was my favorite shopping port. It was great!!! When we arrived at the ship on the tender, we had to wait a long time for the other people to get off. The tender was moving a lot because of the current and I started to feel a little queasy. We got a sprite but in the room I was still not feeling too great. Heather’s mom packed some motion sickness medicine in her bag so she gave me some. We read on the back that it said that it may cause drowsiness. That was an understatement! We went for the first time to a sit down dinner. While there I started to feel a little loopy. It just got worse and worse as we at. At one point I was fighting so had not to go into a laughing attack. My eyes were watering really bad and I was squeaking a little. Sally was laughing at/with me and like you all know, that kept me going. It was a really fun dinner. I left right at the end of the meal and went straight to bed. I was out for the count that’s for sure. Now it is early in the morning and there is a huge storm outside. Which means the ship is moving a lot. I still have a little bit of the drugs in me so it is not bothering me but it did keep me awake. They were giving me some really weird dreams. Like me being at a house near the beach with a huge storm and waves filled with blood 60 feet high leaving bits of torn animals on the ground where it hit. Yeah I know…weird dream! Maybe next time when I take the motion sickness pills I should just take one. Well that was my crazy but great day! Love you!

No comments:

 
footer