Monday, November 21, 2005

November 21, 2005 Bermuda

November 21,2005 1:30am Bermuda aka Heaven
Happy Birthday again Mom! I don’t think I can say that enough since I’m not there. It was great talking to you on the phone today! I hope you had a great time at the theater. Now I just want to let everybody know that today I stepped into heaven and I didn’t want to leave. Bermuda was incredible!! We got off the ship a little bit late (at 11:00AM) and we needed to be back on the ship by 3, so we knew that we needed to hurry. We hopped on a city bus, but it wasn’t just ANY city bus. It was a pink and brown bus that on the front had the number 7 (my lucky number) and said SPECIAL on the front in large letters. It was my kind of bus. The pink special bus! We rode the special bus past tons of houses of many different bright colors, and beautiful golf courses and we even went past south Hampton beach. We finally got off at Horseshoe Bay, and it was kinda funny because today I realized that I wasn’t the smartest packer for this trip, because I didn’t have any flip flops. So I had to wear my high heels, which was actually kind of comical as we walked down this large hill that took us to the beach, but I made it safely. Painfully, but safely. As we were walking down the road, we could look through the green shrubbery, and see little glimpses of the beach we were about to arrive at. When we got down to it, we saw the glistening white sand, and the beautiful turquoise water that glistened in the sun, and was so clear that we could see to the white sand on the bottom. The beach was so clean, I think the cleanest beach I’ve ever seen. Not too much seaweed, no garbage, and hardly any people at all. We found a place to put our stuff, and we hurried and jumped in the water. Once we got in we realized that the water was not cold at all, but it was not hot either. It was just right. We did not want to leave once we got in. We would just stand where we could barely touch with our tippy toes, and when the waves would come we would jump and let them take us away. It was the best ever! We also did the usual burying someone under the sand. Sally was the victim this time. Susan made her into a short, fat, rather voluptuous mermaid with the princess sea witch hair. The time at the beach was over way too soon and we headed back up to the bus. The bus ride back was just as crazy as the bus ride there, and like everywhere in Europe the drivers are crazy. I got a little bit car sick. We got back on the boat just in time and we went upstairs and ate at the buffet (of course), and hopped into the pool since we hadn’t had enough swimming already. It was great because the indoor pool had become the outdoor pool because they opened up the sun roof over it. It was also fun because the pool was about 95 degrees and felt like a hot tub. It’s kind of ironic though, because the hot tubs on the trip so far haven’t even been hot. All the old people would be angry to know that the pool was so warm, and they can’t even get the hot tubs to work. We stayed in the pool for about 2 hours, switching between the “indoor” pool and the outdoor pool at the back of the ship, and watched the sunset over Bermuda as we rode away. After a long day of swimming, even though we had already eaten, after we showered we went and ate again. We had a quick bite, and went to a show (which quite possibly may have been the worst show production I have seen in my life). Let’s just say it was lip syncing at its finest. When we were done, we did a little more shopping, and I found a little pink sapphire ring for $300.00 that I almost bought, then I decided the money could go toward more clothes. Then we went to karaoke night. Karaoke night was kind of a flop, which was a disappointment because even Ed came to cheer me on. It was finally my turn to perform and the CD for cabaret was scratched, so I couldn’t sing it. After making me stand up there and I almost outed myself on stage about being a Princess employee in front of my boss, they made me sit down and pick a new song. I was a little apprehensive about that, because I couldn’t find a song that I knew well enough that I could make it sound good. Sally ended up picking out Shania Twain’s “Whose bed have your boots been under” and it went well… as expected. Like I had just picked out a song for karaoke. When it was over, we went up to eat again… cuz…. That’s what we do. For the past 2 hours Heather and I have been hanging out, and I have been talking on the phone for an hour with my onboard boyfriend who works on the ship, and I’m not allowed to hang out with. It was quite exciting. So luckily I have a great and beautiful friend who would suffer through typing a letter for my family, so I wouldn’t be here until 3 in the morning. Needless to say it was an incredible day. Bermuda is a piece of heaven on earth, and we really didn’t want to leave at all! I hope everyone had as great of a day as I did. By the way… how’s winter going for you guys? Cuz my summer is great! Happy birthday again Mom! Your birthday present will be on its way once I get to Fort Lauderdale. Love you!

No comments:

 
footer